Competitions remain suspended

Over recent days the GVHA Exec Committee has been communicating to clubs and keeping abreast of Lock down developments and the Shepparton outbreak.

In a meeting on Monday, with all clubs represented, it was agreed that 1 or 2 weekends of hockey could see a fair and rewarding completion to our competitions. This weekend (4th-5th) was not seriously considered to be used. The following weekend (11th-12th) also appears unlikely to be available. The next weekend (18th-19th) has not yet been ruled out with Regional Victoria including the Shepparton LGA possibly being released from lock down prior to this. Even if this was to occur, Community Sport may not be permitted. Additionally, weekdays prior to this weekend will need to be available for training and preparation to occur.

It is expected more will be known next week on the possibility of restrictions easing and Community Sport being permitted in time for the weekend of 18th-19th, however slim this possibility may appear to be at this time.

So GVHA Competitions remain suspended until such time as the weekend of September 18th-19th is ruled out. A decision on whether this remains a possibility will be made next week. Otherwise, the season will be cancelled and the implications of this decision will be made known at this time.

Making decisions without any great certainty has been difficult for clubs and the GVHA. We thank all in the GV Hockey Community for their patience and wish all well through this difficult time.