Today the Premier announced that the Greater Shepparton area will be remain in lockdown and rest of Regional Victoria will see some easing of restrictions from midnight tomorrow night. These restrictions will permit organised community sport in training form only.
It is with this news that we can confirm the GVHA Season is cancelled. This is very unfortunate considering how much work and effort had gone into the season and how much of the season was actually completed.
Through recent consultation with clubs it was decided what would occur in the event of season cancellation.
- It was decided awarding Full Premierships was not appropriate given no finals can be played.
- Minor Premierships are to be awarded in recognition of the significant amount of the season that was able to be played:
- Under 12s: SYC
- Under 14s: Strikers & SYC (joint)
- Under 17s: SYC/Strikers
- B Grade Men: Echuca Moama
- B Grade Women: Echuca Moama & Mooroopna (joint)
- A Grade Men: Strikers
- Under 14 and B Grade Women competitions were considered too close to call for a Minor Premier. Joint winners were decided to be a fair outcome here.
- Premiership trophies will be engraved with a notation that a Minor Premiership is awarded.
The following individual awards are still intended to be awarded. How these are presented will be revealed over the coming weeks.
- Best and Fairest for each competition
- Highest Goal Scorer for each competition
- Nathan Black Junior Umpire Award
- Junior Sportsperson Award (male and female)
- Senior Umpire Award
- Leesa Purcell Female Rising Star
- Male Rising Star (new award to be announced)
Planning is underway for Summer Hockey to commence in early Term 4 (October). Stay in touch for more information.